"Welcome Beautiful Ones"



DGWOS is not a page where we bash, hate, use foul language, or tear down one's character through jealousy and envy. It is a page designed to inspire, to celebrate, to encourage and to promote self-love. This page wants to catapult you into a stronger and better you mentally, emotionally, physically and spiritually. Throughout the month, seasoned "Women of Substance" will share their experiences and thoughts to remind you that you are the diamond that God has intended for you to be. Please note: we are not psychiatrists or psychologists, nor do we profess to be perfect; but what we are, are women, mothers and grandmothers, who have been through the trials and errors of life and now want to help guide you through the same, if you choose to accept our views as you travel on this same wonderful journey called life. As a follower we only have two requests: 1) you share this blog with others and 2) strive every day to be the best you, you can be.
Ladies, let this blog be the reflection of what true, exquisite diamonds look like.

Peace and Love....



Sunday, August 4, 2013

Remembering Tanshelle aka Shannie aka MrsLivelove Laugh

 
Let me see where I can start.  I met this beautiful spirit through a mutual radio personality that we both followed, Michael Baisden.  I commented on a topic that he was discussing at the time, then a day or two later I received a message in my FB inbox with some kind words attached and a request to be friends.  So that's what we became...friends.  And let me add this: we have never met face to face; but I believe our friendship was orchestrated by God.
 
Tanshelle was a woman who I believed, was a Woman of Substance.  She was a mother, a grandmother,  a veteran and a lover of life.  How did I know these things even though we never me; she shared it with me through our many phone conversations and FB pictures.  See, FB isn't all bad, if used for the right purposes. 
 
Here is the reason why our friendship was orchestrated by the Master: prior to me becoming friends with Tanshelle, I shared with some of my friends in the healthcare field that I wanted to write about a character who had breast cancer - I worked in a Cancer Center for six years and am a big supporter of breast cancer awareness.  After much discussion, my co-workers came up with the diagnosis that they thought would be great.  Fast forward - Tanshelle tells me what her diagnosis was.  The same thing.  Again, God-orchestrated.
 
As a friend and as a supporter of breast cancer, I felt compelled to get her whatever information she needed, but more importantly, be there for my friend any way I could. 
 
The first thing I did was get my friends from FB to meet her through my postings about her.  They sent words of encouragement and prayers.  Savasti Musgrove, who also was a great friend, sent her a "love basket" of goodies.  We [Savasti, Jackie Seldon - another friend here] walked for her on the Cancer walk. Beth Borden-Goodman, shared her stories of faith and my friends in the Oncology Department always inquired about her well-being. I  laugh because I remember when she told us about painting our toes pink, Savasti and I ran out and got them done, Savasti hot pink because that's her personality and me, a more lighter shade.  I even put mine as my profile pic. 
 
Every part of this journey, we celebrated when she celebrated, and when she cried, we cried right along with her.  Her family, is incredible.  Her daughter Erycca, a true gem.  Erycca from time to time kept me informed of things going on with her mother.  Such a strong young woman - a vision of her mother.  On June 16th Shannie (that's what I called her) told me she had only a short time to live, I even accepted her silence after she spoke the words.  Then she said what I believe, jolted an awakening in my spirit:  "Cookie, I am at peace with it." The power of peace. Therefore, if she was at peace...so did I take on that same peace.  God makes no mistakes.
 
 Cancer is a word that none of us want to hear because we have lost so many of our loved ones to it.  But the one thing I learned about Tanshelle, if she was going to have it, she was going to give it a hell of a fight.  Being a soldier, you are trained for war.  Well let me say this...Tanshelle fought in that war for as long as she could.  We will miss you sis, but you are in a better place now.  I could go on and on, but this is where I will stop.
 
I close with this scripture:
 
And he showed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb.  In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month:  and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.  And there shall be no more curse:  but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him:  and they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads.  And there shall be no night there; and they need no candle, neither light of the sun; for the Lord God giveth the light: and they shall reign for ever and ever.  Rev 22:1-5
 
Thank you sis for sharing your life and journey with us for the time that we knew you.  You have made a major difference to all us.  RIP....
 
 
 

No comments: