"Welcome Beautiful Ones"



DGWOS is not a page where we bash, hate, use foul language, or tear down one's character through jealousy and envy. It is a page designed to inspire, to celebrate, to encourage and to promote self-love. This page wants to catapult you into a stronger and better you mentally, emotionally, physically and spiritually. Throughout the month, seasoned "Women of Substance" will share their experiences and thoughts to remind you that you are the diamond that God has intended for you to be. Please note: we are not psychiatrists or psychologists, nor do we profess to be perfect; but what we are, are women, mothers and grandmothers, who have been through the trials and errors of life and now want to help guide you through the same, if you choose to accept our views as you travel on this same wonderful journey called life. As a follower we only have two requests: 1) you share this blog with others and 2) strive every day to be the best you, you can be.
Ladies, let this blog be the reflection of what true, exquisite diamonds look like.

Peace and Love....



Thursday, November 29, 2012

Replenish

Happy Thursday Evening DGWOS!!  How are you?  Did everyone have a wonderful Thanksgiving?  Are you getting ready for Christmas?  Can you believe it's here at our front door again, already.  Wow.  Last year I said I was going to shop earlier and not wait until the last minute; but guess what, I'm back here at at the last minute line, again.  Go figure.  Hopefully next year I will do better.  Lol!!

Well, it has been 28 days since I last posted, but I never stop thinking about you guys.  No matter what comes and goes in my life and no matter how time goes by, DGWOS is always in my heart.

Tonight, I want to talk about a word that I believe is very vital to our existence and that we all need to do at some point in our lives - replenish.  Exactly what does that mean, you might say.  Well, replenish means to renew, refill, refresh and replace.  Though these words are synonyms; you get the point of what they represent - when you have depleted all of your energy, time and mental capacity, you have to take the time to refill, refresh, replenish. 

I remember growing up, I really hated to see the wintertime come.  The winter represented darkness, coldness and dryness -you couldn't just go out and sit on the steps, jump doubledutch or run up and down the streets with your best friends playing hide and seek.  No, you went to school and you came home and went straight in the house because the "hawk" (that's what we called the winter wind) wasn't no joke. 

There I would sit home and stare out the window and long to go outside.  Sometimes it would rain and sometimes it would snow and although the snow would be pretty coming down, I still longed to go outside.

The bible says in the book of Ecclesiastes, to everything there is a season.  When I used to read that, I didn't quite understand, but now that I'm older; I totally get it.  Winter time, the season that God provided for us, is the season to "replenish."

Now he truth of the matter is, replenishing can be done anytime and at any season in our lives; but I find that when it its warm and sunny outside (all that the spring and summer months bring), we have a tendency to run and run until our mind, body and soul is almost depleted and then what happens, the Lord in His infinite wisdom, provides a space, a season where we can replenish.

So with that being said, take some time during this holiday season to steal away and renew, refresh and be refilled.  Replace some of that everyday busyiness with some down time.  Let your spirit get revived so that you can enjoy that family time during the holidays.  Replenish.

Peace & Love....

No comments: