"Welcome Beautiful Ones"



DGWOS is not a page where we bash, hate, use foul language, or tear down one's character through jealousy and envy. It is a page designed to inspire, to celebrate, to encourage and to promote self-love. This page wants to catapult you into a stronger and better you mentally, emotionally, physically and spiritually. Throughout the month, seasoned "Women of Substance" will share their experiences and thoughts to remind you that you are the diamond that God has intended for you to be. Please note: we are not psychiatrists or psychologists, nor do we profess to be perfect; but what we are, are women, mothers and grandmothers, who have been through the trials and errors of life and now want to help guide you through the same, if you choose to accept our views as you travel on this same wonderful journey called life. As a follower we only have two requests: 1) you share this blog with others and 2) strive every day to be the best you, you can be.
Ladies, let this blog be the reflection of what true, exquisite diamonds look like.

Peace and Love....



Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Soul Investments

Happy Wednesday guys. I know what you are thinking; long time, no write. Well, you are absolutely right. I have been so busy with all kinds of projects. I pray all of you are doing well and that you are making progression towards your goals, dreams and aspirations. I pray that all of your loved ones are well, too. Though I have not written much, you are always in my thoughts and prayers. You are the reason I do what I do, and your encouragement is the energy that I use to keep going.

Well, we have transitioned into summer. Who's ready for the beach? I know I am.

Tonight as I sit in quietness (my son is working ya'll - hallelujah, doing my happy dance, strike up the band, wooohoo!! Sorry about that, but I had to get that out), I want to share something that I like to call, " An Investment to the Soul."

Movies, as I'm sure we all like to watch, have so many different messages and stories that they are trying to portray. But then there are some movies that you were so glad you watched, because they were life changing, eye openers, an investment to your soul. I can think of one in particular that I shared with friends and admonished them to go see and that movie was, "Pursuit of Happyness." Talk about an investment to the heart and soul. Outstanding!

Though it was scripted and acted out wonderfully by Will Smith and his son Jaden; that movie stirred something in my soul - it moved me with compassion and determination and once again opened my eyes to how some of us really take our blessings for granted. Well tonight, I was reminded (reminders are something we need throughout life to keep us focused) again of how blessed we are and don't even realize it.

This evening I had the opportunity to hang out with a person who I consider to be like a sister. Though she quietly and apprehensively (she is a very private person) came into my life; her presence, has spoke volumes. To look at her you would think she is just an average person you see in passing, but this quiet spoken woman packs a power within her that would knock you off your feet. Her testimony alone is unbelieveable. I don't know who led who to who; but all I know is, I thank God she's a friend of mine.

Mrs. Brown, I like to call her, invited me to step inside a part of her world that she lovingly gives service to. As I watched her along with others care for the people who were coming in seeking a place of refuge and a hot meal, I marveled at her smile as she greeted each one with love and compassion. Truly this is not something she does to get recognition, to build up her business, to impress people, or to get a pat on the back; this is something that she does out of her service to God for His people.

I quietly sat and watched and said hello to different ones that spoke and smiled from the help, to those being helped. As everyone talked and laughed among themselves, immediately, I said to myself, "We are clueless to all of our blessings." For some of us, me included, we complain about the smallest things that life throws at us. Though some things are bad; trust me, it could be so much more worse. As I continued to watch Mrs. Brown and her friends; something, just like how the movie did, something stirred in my soul; and I thought about this:

Wouldn't it be nice sometimes if we just stopped for a moment trying to be important, trying to make it big, trying to impress people who really don't care about us anyway and see that there are people all around us who are less fortunate, but who have a bigger heart than most us have. That's what I saw tonight. I saw people who knew their situation, but yet they came in as if they didn't have a care in the world. They talked, they laughed, they ate, and they smiled - something that we can hardly do with the blessings we already have. I noticed they didn't care who was looking at them, they didn't care what you had on, they didn't care what kind of car you drove, and they definitely didn't care about your titles; all they cared about was what they were there for.

I watched Mrs. Brown and her friends as they walked among those they had served and how she took the time to cater to an older gentleman who could barely walk without the usage of his cane. Matter of fact when he came in, it was like she was waiting for him. Immediately she came to his aide.

Finally after a half-hour had gone by, some left; and those who wanted more, she and her friends served with the same smile and enthusiam they gave as if the room was crowded.

I will say, I was truly impressed, although I know that's not what she was trying to do. I believe all she wanted me to see was a peek inside her world outside of what she normally does. I believe she wanted me to see her passion; and why not, I've shared mines with her. I'm assuming she said, "now that I know what you like, come see what it is I like to do. And it hit me, what she likes to do is not glamourous, but what she does, is how she is personally - private and quiet.

In closing, being with Mrs. Brown tonight reminded me once again, that some things you see, some things you feel and some things you do, are "Investments to the Soul." Thank you Mrs. Brown for sharing that through your actions and service.

"Then shall the King say unto them on His right hand: Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: For I was an hungered, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger and ye took me in: Naked, and you clothe me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me." Matt 25: 34-36

Peace & Love...

No comments: