"Welcome Beautiful Ones"



DGWOS is not a page where we bash, hate, use foul language, or tear down one's character through jealousy and envy. It is a page designed to inspire, to celebrate, to encourage and to promote self-love. This page wants to catapult you into a stronger and better you mentally, emotionally, physically and spiritually. Throughout the month, seasoned "Women of Substance" will share their experiences and thoughts to remind you that you are the diamond that God has intended for you to be. Please note: we are not psychiatrists or psychologists, nor do we profess to be perfect; but what we are, are women, mothers and grandmothers, who have been through the trials and errors of life and now want to help guide you through the same, if you choose to accept our views as you travel on this same wonderful journey called life. As a follower we only have two requests: 1) you share this blog with others and 2) strive every day to be the best you, you can be.
Ladies, let this blog be the reflection of what true, exquisite diamonds look like.

Peace and Love....



Friday, April 1, 2011

Transformation

Happy Friday - Well ladies; I'm back. How are you doing...it's the weekend and its April Fools Day - who remembers all of the April Fool's songs and rhymes. My favorite: April Fools go to school, tell your teacher he/she's a fool. I sang that song one year to a teacher thinking that she was going to find it funny. Uhhh, let's just say, by the time my mother finished with me; I would not sang that to another teacher ever..lol. Whewww, those were the days. The month of March was a busy, as well as an emotional and transitional month for me. I wanted to write, but I think I was too caught up in the emotions I was feeling and experiencing. Although to the outside, it looked like I was still functioning fairly well, but on the inside, I was really going through something deeper. Some of it I shared via FB or Twitter from time to time, but really I was searching and seeking through prayer, what it was that my heart and soul was feeling. And like with anything when in this kind of state, I like to retreat to quiet places so that I can dissect what it is I need to learn. This is what I discovered in those quiet moments: There comes a time in all of our lives when we go through a transformation (change in form, appearance, nature or character) of some sort. Whether its a change from middle school to high school, from high school to college, from singleness to marriage, from being boys and girls to becoming adults, from having children to having adult children - every one of these experiences, transforms us in some way. In this transformational stage, the emotions you may experience, can sometimes be overwhelming, even frightening I might add, because it forces you to look at everything about yourself; the good, the bad, and the ugly. It forces you to look at all of your shortcomings, your failures, your weaknesses, and insecurities. And sometimes, all of that alone, will make you feel inferior and that you are the only one; but you're not. What you are experiencing is just another stage in life. A stage that is transforming your appearance and character for the better. A few days ago while working out, the thought hit me, not only are you transforming your body, but you are transforming emotionally. In three more days, I will be celebrating another birthday - I'll be 45...five years away from 50. That alone, is a transformation. The changes (there's that word...change) that my body and appearence have morphed into, is phenomenal to me. I have transformed from a young girl to a woman of purpose, character and destiny down through the years - amazing. This transformation has been a beautiful journey, and I have learned to embrace it, and I'm still, in the words of Mary Mary, "walking." On this transformational journey, I've gained some friends, and I've lost some. I've to learn how to release my baby son to the journey and path that God has for him. I'm learning how to be a mother-in-law and not just my son's mother, to his girlfriend (does that make sense). I'm learning how to be a better friend to the friends that God places in my life for the season that He places them in there. I'm discovering how to walk better in my entrepreneurial shoes. I could go on and on with all that I have discovered and learned, but I think you get the point. So in closing, I leave you with a question: what transformation has taken place in your life, and what did you discover about yourself through this transition. Whatever it is, just know, it's making you into something beautiful. Like a catepillar metamorphising into a butterfly, it's changing you into someone you never would have dreamed of being. Despite the rain ladies, sisters, friends; I pray you have a beautiful weekend. Peace and Love... PS: Stay tuned for changes coming to this blog in the near future...

No comments: